Dental Insurance That Covers Braces For Adults
Posted on 09/20/2016 by Dr. Lovrovich
We often assume orthodontia work is for our teens, but, that is not always necessarily true. More and more today, adults are getting the work done that did not get done in their youth, or not done the way they desired.
The frustrating part is that most insurance companies state that their orthodontia policy coverage is for family members under the age of 18. There are options available for adults to reduce the costs of orthodontia work.
- Contact your insurance company and see if there are options available, most companies offer individual dental plans.
- Contact your human resources department and inquire about other insurance variations and possibilities.
- Research dental discount programs, these are not insurance companies, but programs that offer dental discount rates. Discount plans can vastly vary, some covering as much as 60% of costs. If you have a dentist or orthodontist in mind, be sure to ask them what discount programs they are associated with and if they are willing to join up with another that you choose.
Reduced Orthodontia for Adults
Before you assume that you can not afford to straighten your teeth, meet with your dentist. You may be surprised at what they can do. With an idea of what you can afford, there are varying options available based on your needs. Your dentist or orthodontist can discuss options such as:
- Traditional metal braces: – The time old tradition of metal mouth, this standard treatment will give you the results you are aware of.
- Retainers: – Based on your needs, a retainer is a simple dental appliance that may make a significant difference.
- Invisalign: – Using clear, plastic aligners, many adult patients like this nearly invisible system. The initial cost of Invisalign is more, but with significantly less office visits, it ends up being a lower cost than traditional braces.
- Dental Veneers: – Using a thin shell of porcelain, your dentist can cover up the face of your front eight teeth, giving them a perfect and straight appearance.
Please contact us if you have any questions about dental insurance; and your oral health.